martes, 23 de marzo de 2010

Looking for a... Saviour or Savior?!

hey there! =)

I woke up this morning and as is my routine already, I turned on my iPod Touch in “shuffle mode”, and well... it played a nice one of Dredg that’s call “Saviour” from their last album called: “The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion” so I asked myself what’s the difference between these two words: “Saviour” & “savior” which is kinda Strange that they just change it in a letter, a couple of hours later at work I find the answer here on the internet =)

basically. there it’s no difference between these two words, “savior” it’s just the modern form to write this word [ why change it? I just don´t fucking know... damn it! even if it had been for a justifiable reason ¬¬!! ] maybe is the phonetic or something I guess :S but hey! the good thing of this is that you can find on the internet all kind of possible reasons for this change xD This in particular is hilarious jeje check this out:

“ There is NO difference in meaning between "Saviour" and "Savior." I get religious nuts e-mailing me, criticizing me for using the modern spelling of Savior. One woman claimed that there are many "saviors," but only one "Saviour." That sounds real cute, but you cannot back that claim with the Bible. The 1611 King James Bible uses the spelling "Saviour." However, it surely does NO injustice to the Lord Jesus Christ to use the modern spelling of "Savior." If you'll look up the meanings of both spellings, you'll find the same definitions. When I started Jesus-is-Savior.com, I opted for the spelling of "Savior" only because it was shorter. I had never heard anyone make a fuss over the two words, so I didn't see a problem. When it was brought to my attention, I prayed much and asked the Holy Spirit was the truth of the matter was. After weeks of thinking over the matter, the Holy Spirit gave me perfect peace that there was absolutely nothing wrong with the modern spelling of "Savior." My decision was based upon lots of research into the matter. I couldn't find anything differentiating between the two spellings. “

ok... so... the holy spirit just appears at the window and he said to him: aamm yeah son, don’t worry, it’s cool if you use "Savior", really, don't worry! you’ve secured your place in heaven...” I don´t think so xD

lol! I take this fragment from a website who her Main URL is: www.jesus-is-savior.com, click here for read the whole article =)

Cheers!

José

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario